The project was founded by Audrey Ewell and Aaron Aites, “the award-winning director/producers of the internationally theatrically distributed documentary film ‘Until the Lights Take Us“‘ – but is a sprawling creative collaborative involving people from various backgrounds with assorted perspectives on the movement. It has received major media attention from Wired, NY Times and other sources.
The collaborative is now holding a fund-raiser to pay for hard drive storage and editing space. The donations come with a series of “rewards” options, several of which are listed below.
- $25 – A digital download of the film, plus first look access to the trailer, and a “Thank you to YOUR NAME” on the film’s website.
- $35 – An autographed (by John Dwyer) vinyl copy of Thee Oh Sees album “Castlemania” plus all of the above unlimited rewards..
- $55 – An autographed (by James Jackson-Toth) copy of Wooden Wand’s LP “Briarwood,” PLUS an autographed copy of the P.G. Six LP “Starry Mind” PLUS an autographed (by John Dwyer) vinyl copy of Thee Oh Sees album “Castlemania.” Plus “Thanks to –” in the credits of the film and a digital download of the film.
- $145 – One original painting (made for this film) by Kyp Malone of TV On The Radio entitled “Quinn/Simone.” Plus “Thanks to –” in the film’s credits and a digital download of the film.
- $200 – Extremely limited edition FLAMING LIPS Gummy Skull (which encloses a USB drive loaded with 4 Flaming Lips songs) – There are currently no more skulls available on their site. Donated and signed by Wayne Coyne. You will also receive a “Thanks to –” in the film’s credits, plus a digital download of the film..
- $225 – A full catalogue collection from Factory 25! One of our favorites, independent film + music label Factory 25 releases fascinating deeply independent narrative films and music docs. Titles included in this collection: All The Way From Michigan Not Mars, You Weren’t There: A History Of Chicago Punk, High School Record, Damon and Naomi: 1001 Nights, Altamont Now, Brock Enright: Good Times Will Never Be the Same, Until The Light Takes Us, and more! Formats include Blue Ray, DVD, LP/DVDs. Also included Factory 25 fun swag! — Plus “Thanks to YOUR NAME” in the film’s credits and a digital download of this film..
- For the complete list of rewards (and availability), and/or to make a pledge – check the right column on the project’s kickstarter page.
Besides monetary donations, they are also requesting other sorts of contributions: “Tweet about us, tell your friends online, or contribute your skills in some way. Write to email@example.com and tell us what you’d like to do.“
The fundraiser lasts through January 13th, though they’ve already reached their immediate goal of $17,500 (as can be seen in the screen shot above from this evening). Remarkable considering yesterday they were still “in the single digits…”
Occupy recap psychexfutureheart.wordpress.com/ows/ Sean Lennon, Jeff Mangum, Pete Seeger, Brian Eno, Crosby & Nash, Sonic Youth, Lou Reed, Yo Lo Tengo, DEVO…—
MυsicAndFlαmingLiρs (@FutureHeartDay) December 13, 2011